This time no review, due to a reason I will explain at the end, but my favorite Dutch Liquor Store came up with an great idea : D17’s DramClub. It is the Dutch variant of Master of Malts Dram Club. While I’m always eager to taste new whisky’s I did not need much time to subscribe to this Club. How does it works ? Four times a year we will be getting 5 samples. There are two types of sets, the “Normal” set and “Deluxe” set. I will be getting both sets, so that will be ten samples each time. Last week I picked up both sample boxes:
The “normal” set consists of:
– Auchentoshan Valinch (57,5%)
– Linkwood 15 year old by Gordon and Macphail (40%)
– Tamdhu 25 year old (43%)
– Coal Ila 2000/9 year old by Douglas of Drumlanrig (46%)
– Jack’s Pirate 11 year old (59,9%)
The “Deluxe”set consists of:
– Hazelburn 8 year old Sauternes Cask (55,9%)
– Tomatin Decades (46%)
– Old Pulteney 1995 (60,5%)
– Bowmore 1989/21 year old by Douglas of Drumlanrig (46%)
– North Brittish 30 year old by Clan Danny (54,2%)
With the subscription you will also get two GlenCairn glasses.
Both sets are very interesting (Several new brands to taste) and I can’t wait to start tasting and reviewing them, only….. I’m not able to drink alcohol at the moment : The high alcohollevel hurts in my mouth due to a gum problem. Hope it heals fast :The whisky to taste and review is growing fast!